The 2023 Student Essay Competition is open to high-school students (11th & 12th grades) living in the surrounding community or attending Antioch Baptist Church of Clinton. Students will write a 500- 700 word essay based on the question and biblical context provided below.
Christians are called to be good stewards of the resources God has entrusted to His people – including time, talents, and finances. In turn, Christians are to use His resources wisely and for His glory. When that happens, God promises to bless us with more (John 13:17).
If you were to receive the scholarship funds provided by this opportunity how would you use them, and what impact would it have on your life and studies? How would you demonstrate good stewardship?
Essay Criteria & Timeline
- Submitters must be Maryland high school students in grades 11 or 12
- Have a G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher
- The essay must be an original body of work, with a minimum of 500-700 words written by the student submitter without assistance from other parties.
- The deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM ET on May 31, 2023
- The winner will be notified and invited to attend the July 2023, 5th Sunday Youth Service for the award presentation.
- $500 (1) – To a student selected that attends Antioch Baptist Church of Clinton
- $250 (1) – To a student selected that lives in or around the Antioch Baptist Church of Clinton Community